What’s a Champion?
Champions are our most motivated donors. They’ve had first-hand experience with an illness and are driven to make an impact by supporting related research directly.
Do Champions need to donate themselves or match donations?
No, there is no specific requirement to match donations or donate as a Champion. However, Champions who offer donation matches see more traction with their campaigns.
What benefits are available to Champions?
- Champions and their stories are featured on the project page.
- Champions have the opportunity to participate in special sessions with researchers, receive in-depth updates on the projects they support during and long after their campaign has ended.
- Champions are also offered the opportunity to connect with other Champions who are supporting the same research area.
- Champions will have early access to information about new projects relevant to them.
- Champions have a huge impact in making this research possible and they are leaving a legacy of ensuring other patients in the future get more information, effective treatment and one day, a cure.
What are expectations of a Champion?
Your only job as a Champion is to share your campaign. Use the Kernls platform to promote your campaign, reach out to your network and help the researchers advance their projects. That’s it!
How does Kernls support my outreach?
Kernls provides tools to help send emails and social media posts throughout your campaign.Kernls will notify Champions of optimal times to send their communications out. Kernls provides Champions with updates on visitors and donors to their campaigns.